We're getting very granular in the Britain trip planning for June 2016, down to the last few bits of the itinerary. We are now trying to decide on where to go for one night between Hadrian's Wall and Glasgow. I welcome your thoughts on the following draft:
Days #6,7,8: Hadrian's Wall: already reserved at Ashcroft B&B, do intensive exploration of Black Bull Pub; Vindolanda; Housesteads; Roman Army Museum; Hexham and the Abbey
9:00 am or so: drive to Alnwick
12:00 noon: visit Alnwick castle and gardens
3:00 pm: drive to Bamburgh Castle, visit, walk on beach
5:00 pm: drive to Berwick-upon-Tweed, stay the night - not yet reserved
morning: explore Berwick
2:00 pm: drive to Dryburgh Abbey
4:00 pm: drive to Traquair
5:00 pm: arrive in Traquair - already reserved for two nights
6:00 pm: dinner in Innerleithen??
morning: explore Traquair and house brewery and maze
afternoon: go to Melrose Abbey, Abbotsford, maybe something else depending...
7:00 pm: reserved dinner at Traquair YESSSSS
We have reserved three nights in Haltwhistle at the Ashcroft B&B, which comes highly recommended. Very nice owners, have already exchanged emails with them. But...wondering whether it might be worth two nights in Berwick, taking one night away from Haltwhistle. If we decide to do this I would need the okay of the Ashcroft folks to cut back one night, and I already feel guilt-ridden at the prospect of requesting a change. But maybe this early it's not an issue. Anyway, your thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 4 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 11 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 12 Help with Venice Trip?
- 13 Norte Dame light show!
- 14 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 15 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 16 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 10 Days in Austria
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Greece in end October
- 21 Champagne Tours
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 24 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna