I am considering a 4 to 5 day trip to the Bernese Oberland. I'm going to fly in from Zurich. I want to visit the Schiltorn and see Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen etc; basically to get as close up into the alps and see the scenery as I can. I don't ski and plan to do general hiking/walking. The places I've mentioned are just those I've read about but hope they cover the best of what this area offers. I'm also thinking of going in September and was wondering if this is a particularly good time to go. I just need some help with piecing this together i.e. where to stay/base myself and where to start. Money is not no object! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Dubrovnik
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Norte Dame light show!
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 10 Days in Austria
- 13 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Greece in end October
- 16 Champagne Tours
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 25 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017