I'm starting to think about my plans for next year and I think I'd like to visit the Berner Oberland area of Switzerland and then into the Italian lakes region. With the two climates being vastly different, when would you recommend the best time to visit? We are flexible. I am interested in hiking and sight seeing in Switzerland with a home base probably in Lauterbrunnen and then we'll drive down to Bellagio. I'd like to avoid the crowds of high summer. My thoughts were the end of May into early June?
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris November 2017
- 2 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 6 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Christmas week in Ireland
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 16 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 17 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 18 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 19 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 20 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 23 Moscow Hotels
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Packing Champagne