My friends and I are planning for Euro trip in Nov. This is our first Euro trip. We are so excited and have planned some of the places we want to visit, however, we are still have lots of uncertainties. We would like to get your kind help for below queries, pls:
We are coming from Paris and then Lyon and then Bern. We will stay in Bern for 5nights.
Below is our itinerary:
1) Day1 - we will reach Bern at night, so there is nothing much we can do.
2) Day2 - Bern city tour. Not sure if we should go to nearby town for sightseeing or just stay in Bern will do. We are more to sightseeing\historical building\nature lover. Not museum.
3) Day3 - we would like to visit Mt Rigi.
a) From Bern, we would like to visit Lucerne (visit the chapel), then continue to Mt Rigi. Which route should we take best? Or maybe we can visit Lucerne on the way back from Mt Rigi?
b) How long the journey from Bern to Mt Rigi?
c) What time we should reach Mt Rigi?
d) Any other nice place nearby Mt Rigi worth to visit?
4) Day4 - we would like to visit Jungfraujoch
a) From Bern, we would like to visit Interlaken (maybe just to visit the lake area), then continue to Jungfrau. Which route should we take best? Or maybe we can visit Interlaken on the way back from Jungfrau?
b) How long the journey from Bern to Jungfrau?
c) What time we should reach Jungfrau?
d) We would like to visit Grindelwald at the same time, would it be enough time for a day trip?
5) Day5 - no plan yet
a) This is just a buffer day for us, in case weather doesn't allow us to visit the mountains. But we would like to get suggestion from you if there is any other place we could visit?
Another questions would be:
1) Should we buy Swiss Travel Pass or individual passes to go from one point to another point above?
2) We are going to Munich after Bern. My question is if we'd like to enjoy a scenic view of the mountains\villages, what transport should we take? bus or train? any specific route? how much and how long the journey?
Awaiting for your kind response. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 London vacation rental agency
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Greece during Easter week or August
- 12 Iceland driving in March
- 13 Northern Spain road trip
- 14 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 Help with Spain itinerary
- 16 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 Where to stay in Naples?
- 20 Driving
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 23 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 24 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 25 Italy Croatia Bosnia