Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Berlin, Prague, Bratislava or Vinna in new year's eve.

Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on traveling to one of those destinations around 28/12/2021 - 01/01/2021. Looking for nightlife (bars and clubs) with just a little taste of more relaxing activities during the day.

Some background (who am I and what I am looking for) - I am a 26 year old who lived in Israel all my life (went 1 time with an organized group to Poland for educational holocaust trip). I have Russian roots and I generally look eastren European. I toke my first solo travel a week ago to Budapest and had the time of my life, it really opened me up and I want something similar to that.
What I liked about Budapest was that everything was very cheap, there were cool activities to do at day (museums, walking tours, parks) and fun nightlife (which is a big thing for me, I liked how it was a hub for other tourists so I was surrounded by people like me... idk if this is like this in other places since it was my first trip abroad). I met and connected to lots of people.

I want something similar to Budapest (which is why I am not certain about Berlin... yeah its the capital of nightlife in europe but it is also not 'eastren european' like Hungary).
Oh and I have a friend who suggested to go to Amsterdam with me but I heard they are the highest people in the world and I dont want to appear like a short man over there.
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 06:19 AM

Berlin is more than nightlife. There are the museums. It's one of the cheaper European capitals if that's what you're getting at.

Assuming you mean Vienna aka Wein likely more expensive.

Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 08:44 AM

I agree with Traveler_Nick

Berlin is much more than nightlife. Neues Museum in Berlin is AMAZING!! You can also visit places related to the Second World War, such as the famous "The Checkpoint Charlie" .

I am pretty sure you will like Berlin
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 09:41 AM

"Assuming you mean Vienna aka Wein likely more expensive."

Or
Wien perhaps? I've always found Austrian wine to be reasonably priced.
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 10:02 AM

I can't spell. Pick a language. Any language. I can't spell
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Traveler_Nick View Post
Berlin is more than nightlife. There are the museums. It's one of the cheaper European capitals if that's what you're getting at.

Assuming you mean Vienna aka Wein likely more expensive.
Another vote for Berlin, a fun place for all ages!

A few years back my niece and her friends spent part of their post-graduation vacation in Prague. This was in summer though, and they befriended many youngsters and had a fabulous time, donít believe it was super expensive either.