My family is visiting Berlin for the first time next month, and I'm trying to figure out our itinerary. We were planning to buy the 3 day museum passes for each of us (me, my husband, and our three kids-- 17, 15, and 11), but I've noticed that with only one or two exceptions, most of the museums we plan to visit give free admittance to children under 18. Even paying admission at the one or two exceptions is considerably less than buying museum passes for each of them.
So, financially it makes sense, but logistically, I have to wonder. If we go to the Neues Museum, for example, will we have to stand in line to have the kids admitted, and then another line to have my husband's and my passes checked? Or will they just look at the kids and see that they're obviously kids, and wave them in when we present our passes? I should note that my daughter, who's 17, could pass as an adult, but will carry her license with her as proof of age. If it's going to cause logistics problems, it's probably worth just buying the passes for everyone, but I thought I could get some guidance here first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid