We are traveling to Berlin for 4 nights, staying in the Hilton at Gendarmenmarkt. We will be doing a walking tour on the first day (possibly the 6 hour tour offered by Brewers) so this post does not relate to using the HOHO Bus for sightseeing per-say.
On one day, we are hoping to visit Charlottenborg and KaDeWe. From what I could find, it looks like a minimum 1km walk each way to the train stop, which adds up to around 8km just to visit these two sights. If the weather is nice, this is no issue, but if the weather happens to be not so nice (given we will be there in December), we would like to have the option to not have to walk so far.
I thought perhaps the most convenient (stops at Gendarmenmarkt, Charlottenborg and KaDeWe) and cheapest (cheaper than taxis anyway) way to avoid walking so much would be a HOHO Bus.
What are people's thoughts and experience on this, or is there an alternative I have not thought about? Is there any public transport which is closer to the sites and our hotel than the S7?
Any experience on specific HOHO companies is also most appreciated, particularly during off-season. I have noticed some do not service Charlottenborg so will avoid these.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 18OO*68I*72O8 in$tallations CONTACT KYOCERA Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Travel chat and reflections
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 6 The World's Greatest Churches
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 9 Advise Needed
- 10 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 11 South of France
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 16 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 19 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 24 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 25 Scotland ideas