Berlin for New Year's

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Kristen

Berlin for New Year's

I will be in Berlin around New Year's. I've heard it's pretty crazy. Is this a good place to spend New Year's? Would Amsterdam be better? Any advice on what to do exactly? Thanks a lot!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 04:05 PM
Michelle

If you're looking for crazy, Berlin's the place. I've celebrated New Year's twice in Germany -- the first time was in Berlin and it was absolutley one of the most memorable ever!

When we arrived on the 29th, the hip clubs that were recommended in our guidebook were already sold out (very NYC exclusive) so we figured we'd just wing it on the 31st.

The evening got off to a quiet start because, as we learned, Germans typically spend the early part of New Year's Eve at home with family. By midnight, however, the streets were filled with people drinking sekt (sparkling wine) and setting off fireworks like crazy! My friend and I found this random nightclub and literally danced all night. We walked back to our hotel at 7:00 am past smoldering piles of spent fireworks and crashed in our tiny hotel room. It was an excellent way to ring in the new year!

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 03:07 AM
GoingtoBerlin

topping in hopes of more info!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 02:46 AM
letopper

Happy New Years!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 10:33 AM
ingrid

Check out http://www.berlin.de/english/index.html
They have a link to entertainment and bar/pub scene.