I would like a bit of advice about where to stay in Berlin. We will be visiting for 5 nights. We are a couple in their early 20s, would ideally like to stay somewhere close to pubs/clubs/restaurants/attractions. I know Berlin is a huge city, but was wondering if there was one neighbourhood that would encompass all of these things?
I have been researching it but have gotten a little confused. In other travel forums, a lot of people have advised that it is best to stay in the Mitte neighbourhood. I researched good budget accommodation and found the Meininger Berlin Central Station - has anyone stayed here before? It is right next to the main central station apparently, but i have also heard that this area does not have a lot of nightlife around it, and not many restaurants. We are ideally looking for accommodation under 100euros a night for both of us, if possible
If anyone has recommendations about good, budget hotels/hostels/apartments in a good area, it would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help