Bergen sightseeing in wheelchair

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2022, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going in August on cruise with 87 year old mother that has Bergen as a port stop. She can get out of wheelchair independently but uses it for any distance walking. She would like to see wharf area, Hanseatic museum, fish market, and furnicular( which we know is wheelchair accessible). Our question is what is best way and is it feasible to get to these sightseeing areas? Have been told lots of cobblestone( of course sitting in a wheelchair is jarring and uncomfortable). Are there taxis at cruise dock- cost and then presence of them at sightseeing areas to return to cruise dock? Any experiences and suggestions would be very appreciated.
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you moor where I remember, Bryggen, Fish Market and the entrance to Fløybanen can be reached without if you walk towards Bryggen along Festningskaien. For Fløybanen, turn left onto Vetrlidsalmenningen: broad sidewalks. I don't think you can get into the Hanseatic Museum with limited mobility.

You can do some trial runs using google streetview to see where the cobblestones are.