Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Bergen help! Any experience with Scandic hotels??

Bergen help! Any experience with Scandic hotels??

Jan 10th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Helen

Bergen help! Any experience with Scandic hotels??

Hotel rooms are tight (or too pricey)at all the hotels I have read about. No one mentions the Scandic Hotel. Is there a reason??

Jan 10th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Gregory

Hi,

They are supposed to be ok. I have not stayed in one myself.They have now been taken over by the Hilton group.

Jan 10th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Helen

Thanks, Gregory!

Jan 28th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Kathleen

Helen,
We stayed in a Scandic Hotel in Helsinki and it was very nice. The beds were wonderful with down bedding and they had full black out drapes so you could sleep through the midnight sun! We are going back this year and plan to stay in one again. But I do recall it wasn't inexpensive...

Jan 29th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Bjorn

Hey, Helen
My reason for not mentioning Scandic hotels is mainly the fact that these hotels often are not so very centrally located. To my experience they are good, especially for business reasons, because they are located close to the main transport means.
I do not know the Scandic Bergen City hotel, but according to http://www.bergen-city.com it is located in one of the "corners" of the inner city. To me prices seem kinda high for a double, except for the out-of season weekend rates.
Personally, both because of location and price, I would look for alternatives closer to the Bryggen area or the Little Lungegard lake (Rica travel?)
Bjorn, Oslo

Search this Thread