This is for a trip NEXT summer, but I am travelling with my mom and she likes to have her plans well in advance and since she will be paying for half, I shall humor her. My two boys, 6 and 8 next summer, will also be with us. We will be in Southern Germany for a number of weeks and I would like to do a side trip. We have about a week for this side trip and I originally thought that visiting Plitvice National Park would be worth it, but I've read that it is very crowded in summer (what place isn't?).
My question is, is it really too crowded to make it worth our while and would we be better off just staying in Slovenia? I've found some info on the caves in Slovenia, Postojna and/or Skocjan, Triglav National Park (Tolmin Gorges), as well as Lipica (Lipizzan Stud). So maybe seeing Slovenia more in depth would be worth our while.
And, whatever your answer, where might be a good area to stay? I tend to use AirBnB for most of our bookings and always enjoy a kitchen with kids, so am looking for areas, not necessarily a hotel, unless you know of a great apartment.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 South of France
- 5 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 6 Help with Spain itinerary
- 7 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 17 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Family vacation
- 20 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 which language school in Italy?
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 European Christmas Markets Itinerary