Kicking around the idea of a Benelux trip for late March/early-mid April 2012 with a side trip via ferry over to England (to London-- I have some friends that live there).
I will have about 12 days (allowing the other 4 days for staying with my friends in London). I will be flying from the USA/east coast.
Thought I'd either fly into London, catch the ferry over to Netherlands, then on thru Belgium and Luxembourg --OR--- the reverse of that trip (depending which flight in & out is cheaper).
What large airport is convenient to fly into if I start with Luxembourg? I was thinking possibly into Frankfurt, then catching a train to Lux City??
Also, any hints/tips/suggestions on what to see/best stops/cities. (I'm a single female in her mid 30's travelling by myself!)
THANKS bunches in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 2 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 3 Milan airport--which one
- 4 Paris Apartment
- 5 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 6 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 7 FuLu Mandarijn Amsterdam
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Visit to France
- 11 First time in Spain
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 20 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 21 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 22 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 23 Which Area in London?
- 24 family trip to Germany and more
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.