Now that I have finalised my itinerary, I have a few specific questions. Firstly, we (DH, me and 6 yr old child) are travelling from Bellagio to Sorrento ... and I am considering the best way.
Option A - Flight
- Easyjet fly from Malpensa - Naples on the day we require.
flight is at 11.40 - arrives 13.05, and the cost is around €150
- Getting from Bellagio to Malpensa is fairly difficult, so the best for us is either
fly-to-lake shuttle at €105 or a taxi at €130 - takes roughly 2 hrs.
- from Naples, the Curreri bus goes from the airport to Sorrento for €30.
Cost - roughly €310 door to door
time - (allowing wait at airport) - roughly 8 hrs
Option B - train
ferry to Varenna (30 mins), train to Milano Centrale (1 hr), train to Naples (4hrs 20 mins), then Circumsuviana to Sorrento (45 mins) .... plus transfer times. Will make it roughly 8 hrs still
train (mini fare) is roughly the same as flying, but no expensive taxi from Bellagio as getting to Milano Centrale is much easier than Malpensa ..... BUT I am a bit unsure about getting the Circumsuviana to Sorrento with luggage and 6 yr old in tow ... so may need expensive taxi/transfer to Sorrento.
so - timing roughly the same. Costs probably roughly the same as well
What would you do?
Any other options I havent thought of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 Which Area in London?
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Trains - website?
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 two days in Nice
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!