Bellagio Restaurants for two nights

May 3rd, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Bellagio Restaurants for two nights

I've got two nights coming up in Bellagio (staying at the Hotel Florence--the Belvedere was booked but I'm sure I'll be fine with the Florence)...so which two restaurants would you recommend? Choices are Bilacus, Silvio's, and the hotel itself (or another suggestion). I'm leaning toward one dinner at Bilacus, one at Silvio's. I'd like to try lavarello, trout, good salads, desserts. And wine! TIA.
May 3rd, 2004, 11:16 AM
DRJ

Stayed at the Silvio a couple of years ago. The proprietor hauls in his nets daily for the dinner serving and the restaurant is a local favorite. Enjoy.
May 3rd, 2004, 01:47 PM

Definitely Bilacus.
May 3rd, 2004, 08:12 PM

Haven't eaten at the Hotel Florence but have stayed there and loved it. Have eaten at Bilacus several times. Always, always a great meal. Reservations required.
May 4th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Original Poster

How far in advance should I book for Bilacus? A few days? A week? Farther ahead then that? Based on the opinions from this thread and others, I think I'll stick with one dinner at Silvio's and one at Bilacus.
May 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM

My husband and I had lunch at Silvios as we were entering Bellagio in March heading out to Varenna. It was a delicious. The seafood antipasto was delicious as was the fish lasagna. I loved that. The views of lake are very nice. It is not a very fancy place but as said previously can see easily why it is such a local favorite. Reassonable prices too. H
May 4th, 2004, 04:14 PM

If you're going in high tourist season, I'd ask your hotel to book a table at Bilacus several days in advance. We've always visited in the off season and been able to book a table the same day or (better) the day before.