Belgium or Austria?

Aug 27th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Belgium or Austria?

I have 6 nights. Looking at Brussels,Ghent and Brugge or Innsbruck and ???. Must travel by train. Have any suggestions?
JB
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Degas

If you want good advice you will have to provide more info on your specific interests and proposed timeframe.

Are you a city person or country person? Do you want to see museums and art or go on alpine hikes? That kind of thing.

Aug 27th, 2003, 03:18 PM

6 nights-7 days then:
Innsbruck (2 nights), Salzburg (2 nights) and Vienna (2 nights).
Or ( I prefer this second option) just one night in Innsbruck, 2 in Salzburg and 3 in Vienna. I have been to these 3 cities and Innsbruck can be easily seen in 2 days (sleeping one night there). Not much to see in the city centre, apart from the Goldenes Dachl and the castle (unless you want to see the surrounding areas around Innsbruck). Salzburg is worth 2 days for it is a little lovely town, with its attraction all compacted into the old part of the town, so 2 nights (3 days) are in my opinion enough. Vienna, being larger can be visited in 3-4 days. From Innsbruck to Salzburg it is about 2 hrs train trip. About 3 hrs train trip between Salzburg to Vienna.

Search this Thread