Just read about the planned train strikes and am quite concerned as I have never encountered this before and am trying to mitigate this before we leave for Amsterdam on Friday the 17th.
We are currently booked on Thalys-Brussels to Bruges on the 23rd to the 25th and then on to Paris on the 25th.
Given these dates- any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would (sadly) rather rearrange to go directly from Amsterdam to Paris (perhaps with an extra day in each place) if it means that we will be unable to get to Bruges with certainty.
Specific questions include- would direct travel from Amsterdam (no stops on Thalys) be impacted as well by this strike? '
As I said- would greatly appreciate your input- we have been planning this trip for quite a while, as have most on this board.
Thanks so very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 안전한사설놀이터 ▶ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 family trip to Germany and more
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Trains - website?
- 14 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 19 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?