Belfast Ireland Jobs Accommodation

Mar 10th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Original Poster

Belfast Ireland Jobs Accommodation

Hi

I'm going to Belfast to work would love to know the job situation and accommodation I would love to share in a good suburb any sugestions on suburbs to live? I did have my own business but I would love to work in a office as a bookeeper what kind of money is there lots of temp jobs.

Thanks Grace
Mar 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM

Not that i'm against Belfast by any means...but why Belfast? You would probably do better financially in the Republic of Ireland and it will be much easier for you to find work.

Anyway - here is a recent salary survey for N.I. for Accountancy.

http://www.nijobs.com/resource_centr...ey.asp?SID=568
Mar 11th, 2008, 06:43 AM

hiya stranmillis is a "nice" suburb, within walking distance from the city centre, or somewhere off the lisburn road.

if you can find it on the map, area between stranmillis road, lisburn road towards malone road. nice leafy suburbs onto malone road.

You haven't said where you are coming from. provided that your paperwork is ok there are lots of temping agencies. im not familiar with book-keeping tho.
look for lynn or lynne recruitment online.
Mar 11th, 2008, 06:46 AM

p.s. pound is still stronger than the euro (unfortunately
Mar 31st, 2008, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm Australian but have a British passport so I can work in Nth Ireland that is the reason I picked Belfast, so you think there will be more work in Dublin? I have travelled for over 7 years when I was younger live and work in London but have no idea what to expect in Ireland which is good.

Regards Grace Webber
Apr 1st, 2008, 02:48 AM

If you've got a British passport you can work in the republic - no problem or red tape.
Apr 1st, 2008, 03:17 AM

Chumley wrote: "If you've got a British passport you can work in the republic - no problem or red tape."

Do "not-quite" British passports still exist? The sort that people from places like Hong Kong used to have.

It seems to be easy enough for Aussies to work in Ireland, regardless of what passport they hold. While they are not always formally entitled, they are generally not challenged by official Ireland.
Apr 1st, 2008, 03:43 AM

Do "not-quite" British passports still exist? The sort that people from places like Hong Kong used to have.>>>

Yup - for the dependencies. But there's ways around that particular problem if required.