Reload this Page >

Belevedere or Hotel Italie et Suisse

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 07:37 AM
debbie

I am trying to decide between 3 nights in June at hte Belevdere/Bellagio or Hotel Italie et Suisse in Stresa. I have never been to lakes before and will have my family(2 kids)with me. Help!!!

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 01:05 PM
abc

ttt

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Patrick

I can't specifically answer in regards to those hotels, although I've seen both and they both appear nice. (Although, frankly I'd prefer being down by the water in Bellagio, than up on the hill).<BR>But I personally think the issue is the lakes and towns themselves. On a scale of 1 to 20, I'd rate Stresa a 12<BR>and Bellagio a 20.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 02:28 PM
colleenk

Stayed in the Belvedere 3 weeks ago and loved it. Being up a very small incline from the water is in my opinion a plus. The views are to die for and it is quiet for sleeping purposes. The walk to the waterfront is less than 5 minutes anyway. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is very nice. Ask for floor 3 and above as they have been renovated and a corner room provides the most privacy with a private balcony (we stayed in room 414 and have never had a more spectular view anywhere!). Have never been to Stresa so can't comment. Have fun.<BR>colleenk

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 02:47 AM
mary

WE stayed at the Belvedere in Bellagio last year - we had two kids - age 9 and 6. Loved it, even though it rained all weekend - we still had a great time. The views from the hotel are fantastic and, as said above, it is a very short walk to the town.<BR>Enjoy.