Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Being given 24 hour Stockholm card from hotel. What's best way to us it??

Being given 24 hour Stockholm card from hotel. What's best way to us it??

Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Being given 24 hour Stockholm card from hotel. What's best way to us it??

We have one full day in Stockholm (and a half day on either side) in early September. The Courtyard is giving me and my husband each a $24 hour card. We would like to see:
The Vasa
The Palace & changing of the guard if possible
City Hall (we could do this on another day)
A boat tour (any suggestions?)
Is it feasible to also fit in the hour boat ride to Drottingholm Palace ( our only chance to see part of the Archipelago) or should we see some of Skansen instead?
On our half days we plan to walk the old town and some of the new.
Any suggestions will be welcome.
Since most of the things we are interested in seeing are mostly free or discounted on the 24 hour card, we wanted to figure out a logical, efficient order to our day . We will be starting our day at the Courtyard by Marriett which I believe is in Kungsholmen.
We're senoirs and we love to walk, but we're happy to take public transportation for effiency.
Thanks!
Aug 4th, 2014, 04:52 AM

The card is great to get around with... We stayed at the Radisson Blu Waterfront which was just across from City Hall... that was our first stop and unfortunately it was closed for the day due to a visiting dignitary.

I didn't make it to the Vasa but my sister did, and she said it was her favorite museum to date.

I LOVED the ABBA museum, which isn't included in the Stockholm card, unfortunately, but I didn't mind paying for the experience.

You will love Stockholm, there is so much to do!
Aug 4th, 2014, 02:01 PM

Drottingham and the ride out there is wonderful. City Hall is a real treat too; beautifully done and you'll see where the Nobel dinner is held. Don't miss Vasa Museum, very interesting and unique. You can take a ferry from Djurgarden where Vasa is located to Gamla Stan , old town .

Search this Thread