Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bed & Breakfast or room in private house - LUZERN?

Mar 31st, 2002, 02:54 PM
jeri

Any one stay in a guest house or bed and breakfast in or near Luzern? Thanks

Mar 31st, 2002, 03:24 PM
jeri

Why can't I find a B&B or room in Switzerland, it's so easy in Germany?

Apr 1st, 2002, 02:27 AM
abc

Have you tried www.rooms.ch. The listings are mostly small budget hotels but I know there is a six room pension listed for Luzern.

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:17 AM
jw

bnb.ch

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:43 AM
jw

bnb.ch

Hi, Jeri, I continue to see your postings. Today you are sure to hear from Ursula or Ingo or someone else who can help. I think they have been away from their computers for the Easter weekend. I have a couple of suggestions. First try the bnb site above. It seems to have quite a list. Second, locate the websites for a couple of small towns like Sachseln or Lungern and send an e-mail to their office (usually noted at the site) requesting a list of zimmer-frei accommodations (b&b's). I've had good responses in the past. If you are flexible, you could just show up at the local tourist office, as I used to do in younger days, and they will find you a room in a private home. Or. . . try a small hotel instead. I was really happy at the friendly Hirschen in Leissigen on Thunersee, or try the Sunnydays that someone recommended in Interlaken. It has a website. Or, try Karen Brown's site of small hotels. Or the site of the E & G small hotels (is that rooms.ch --now called 'budget hotels?). I'd use the bnb site and also immediately try e-mailing several local tourist offices. Maybe even the tourist office site of Brienz. Years ago friends and I stayed in a nice little b&b there -- really just a private home, nothing like the glamorous b&b's you see in the U.S. I guess you should specifiy that on this post as well -- a zimmer-frei in Switzerland is a private home with a room or two to let. Good luck! J.