I am going to be in Burgundy, most likely Beaune for 2 nights early May while driving from the UK to the French Alps. I am looking for some advice please on how to get the best out of the time with a more self guided wine tour approach rather than a full day tour company. Our focus is for the 2 days is:
1. One domain / chateaux tour of the vineyards, production process and tasting
2. Additional 1-2 tastings in interesting locations with range of wines presented including a few grand cru treats (not in souless modern rooms though if possible) Is Marche du vins worth it?
3. A wine tasting pairing dinner in the area which avoids driving (potentially use of taxis to local villages if required, someone has already recommended Olivier Laflaive in Puligny-Montrachet)
I understand that not driving has a big impact on number 1 but also keen to understand what might be on the edge of town in walking distance.
Any tips on the 3 appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 2 10 Days in Austria
- 3 Help with Venice Trip?
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 9 Le Marche Research Help
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.