Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Beach Destinations in TURKEY? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/beach-destinations-in-turkey-25334/)

Jan Hill May 4th, 1998 03:08 PM

Beach Destinations in TURKEY?

Headed to Istanbul in June and want to take a short week's vacation at an ideal beach location. Looking for no kids, topless/nude sunbathing, good restaurants and resort grade accommodations without all the people. Any ideas? Specific hotels/beaches and transportation from Istanbul would be appreciated.
Thanks.

G. Decker May 6th, 1998 09:38 AM

Jan:

I've been to Turkey 4 times and you are going to love it! The last time I traveled to Antalya and they had a lot of secluded beaches that were very nice. The city itself will be full of tourists but I know a great little (7 rooms) B&B right in the old city near the harbor that is just great. The owner speaks and writes perfect English and was very helpful. The place is spotless and very cheap. There are also many historical sites within easy driving distances for day trips. If you would like more specific info. let me know. I envy you!

NURDOGAN SENGULER May 15th, 1998 01:56 PM

Dear Friend,
If you are looking for any beach in Istanbul,We are sorry.I was born here and Once upon time ago there were so many beaches and Princess Islands.But now, NO
If you want to see the best beache in Turkey You must go to PATARA.
I am waiting for your questions and news.
Best wishes from Istanbul
NURDOGAN SENGULER
[email protected]

Jennifer May 22nd, 1998 05:53 AM

G. Decker,

I read your response to another post and was interested in the 7 room B&B you mentioned. If I read your message correctly it was located just outside Antalya. I will be going to Turkey the end of July and plan to do Olympos, Ephesus, Ghorme (sp?, etc) and Istanbul. Would love any information you may have on travelling between the above, (I will be starting from Rhodes), nice places and hostels to stay, and any other information you may have. Thanks a lot. Jennifer

Linda May 29th, 1998 04:05 PM

G. Decker: I, too, would be interested in any information about Turkey regarding, B&B's restaurants, sites, etc. Iwill be going in early Sept. to Istanbul, Ephesus, Antalya and Cappodocia. Thanks.

Marko Mar 11th, 2006 01:05 AM

mmmmm I think Jan has proably been there done that !! It is amazing how far back people seach.....and then reply !

Neopolitan Mar 11th, 2006 07:38 AM

Maybe Jan was just being cautious and was actually planning a trip to Turkey for June 2006 back in 1998. Don't most people plan 8 years ahead?

propertravel Mar 11th, 2006 09:26 AM

I think I will be the one to answer your beach questions ;-
What you look for are at Antalya - Beldibi area full of good resort, water is good and value for money. Secluded beaches : Than you need to drive further west Kalkan & Kas area would offer you what you miss.... Take one or two day Goulette trip, topless no problem ! Fethiye Region is also good if you choose a resort, Hillside for example will give you what you need.

For the Cappadocia visitors: www.goremehouse.com , with new management a homey place.

Happy travelling,

Murat