Notices

Bayeux to Brugge

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bayeux to Brugge

2nd attempt at posting. Thanks to all for advise on Sept 2004 trip. My wife & I have confirmed 3 nights in Bayeux (hotel d'Argouges)& 2 nights in Brugge (hotel Adornes) with 1 night in between to see other places. In Bayeux plan on visiting Mont St.Michel, beaches, town/tapestry, etc.). Is 1 night in between a good strategy and any recommendation on what to see, where to stay, etc. Thanks Bob
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 01:35 PM

Mont St-Michel is about an hour's drive from Bayeux, and it will take you a good 4 hours to do the place justice. Bayeux itself, and the beaches, will need another day, and you might want to spend a few hours in Caen as well.

How are you getting from Normandy to Belgium?
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 03:28 PM

Hi Beechtree,

Sorry, I can't help with where to stay between Bayeux and Brugge but wanted to say that I stayed at the Hotel Adornes and enjoyed it. It's on a canal just a few minutes walk from main square. Staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were modern. I just love Brugge and would recommend giving yourselves a full 2 days there (I've been twice for 3 days each time). So, where ever you choose to stay between the 2 towns let it be close enough to Brugge to give you enough time in this delightful small town.

If you're driving get a detailed map from your hotel since many streets are one-way and if you miss a turn you could wind up driving all over Brugge (as I did) trying to find the way back.

Have a great time!
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:31 PM

We stayed near Dieppe in a B&B overlooking Varengeville-sur-mer. If you are a gardener, you might want to see two large gardens on that coast. Do a search on Ghent to get my report on Ghent, Normandy and Brittany.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. We're considering staying an extra night in Bayeux which will make the whole time more relaxing and then going directly to Brugge. It sounds like Brugge is a wonderful town and we're thinking about using bikes for one day there.