Good day everyone!
I posted a while ago while in the beginning stages of our trip and got some great advice. Things have changed since then I was inquiring for some help in the planning department.
Quick recap: In our late 20's, travel often, we love to drink, eat, and drink some more. Very active, love to mix some history, nature, hiking,off the radar things to do. We really aren't into "touristy" things to do but of course don't want to miss the "Don't miss!" highlights.
We land on a Friday Dusseldorf at 9am and plan on renting a car. We fly out the following Friday from FMM (Allgau)at 6pm and dropping the car off at that airport.
Friday--> Gummy bear factory in Bonn (worth it??),Eltz castle, stay in cochem area or a wine tavern? We don't have much time for wine tasting but I would be willing to move my schedule around if someone can suggest an idea or have a recommendation. I would love to take a few hours even for tastings.
Saturday--> Heidelburg for the day and then rothenburg de ober tauber (want to get their for the night watch tour) again, worth it?
Sunday--> wurtzburg all day then drive to bamberg
Monday-->bamberg breweries and surrounding area. I've heard of "Fränkische Schweiz"(Fancoanian Switzerland) hiking to breweries and wanted to know if someone had tips/advice/english maps
Now this is where things get a bit hairy.
On our days left, these are some ideas are a thinking about but I know we need to cut some things. Wish list: Munich, Dachau, Berchtesgadan, Salzburg, Fussen,
friday--> fly out at 6.
Any ideas? I was thinking we would go to Munich Tuesday-Friday and one of those days maybe take a train to Salzburg, another day Dachau or maybe do that on our trip down to Munich. They have tours at 9am and 11am so we need to figure that out. On Friday we would get up early and drive to Fussen, hang out there and then drive to the airport. Obviously we miss Berchtesgadan then.
Ideas? Thoughts? Am I missing something that's fun to do?
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for first trip to UK
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 10 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 11 European honeymoon help needed
- 12 paris to london- day trip
- 13 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 14 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 15 land vs river cruise
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Portugal
- 18 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 19 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 20 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 21 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Browsing Barcelona
- 24 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 25 Malaga Christmas lights
Good day everyone!