My family and I are taking a long-awaited trip to Germany. We'll be joined by my wife's sister and two children, so 8 total. This will be their first time; I've been there many times for work. I've got most of the itinerary and associated lodging settled but need to plug a couple of gaps and would like your tips/recommendations. We'll be traveling via rental car and I want the group to see and experience as much as possible in the time we have there, but not stress ourselves too much in doing that. We need affordable lodging that captures Bavaria/Tirol, yet offers something to occupy five teenagers. By the way, here's my itinerary:
*8-9 June Heidelberg (arriving Frankfurt, booked lodging at the Hotel Hackteufel)
*10 June Rothenburg (booked lodging at Hotel Goldner Hirsch)
*11 June Gutach in Black Forest (booked a farm B&B, the Rotbauernhof)
*12-16 June Garmisch (Booked at Edelweiss Lodge) (will hit castles, Ettal, Munich, rafting)
*17-18 June ????? (would like to visit Salzburg, Hallstatt, salt mines, Berchtesgaden)
*19 June fly back to States from Munich
1. Do you have any locales/lodging recommendations for 17/18 June, based on my input above?
2. Do you see any glaring holes in my itinerary or perhaps issues with the lodging that I've already selected?
3. I know I didn't list details of our proposed activities (they're all the routine ones), but any can't miss things? I really hope we stumble upon a fest somewhere - perfect for the teenagers. I can't seem to find an all-encompassing website listing them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Portugal
- 13 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 Budget campervans hire in Europe???
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017