Battlebus going out of business

Nov 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Battlebus going out of business

Paul and Myriam Woodadge have announced that Battlebus, a Foderite favorite for D-Day tours, will no longer operate after the 30th of this month. Here is the link to the sites where Paul gives more information about the change:
http://www.battlebus.fr
http://www.ddayhistorian.com
Nov 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM

From the website, it sounds like Mr. Woodadge will continue to provide tours but perhaps not on a published schedule or perhaps on a private basis only.
Nov 9th, 2010, 06:37 AM

During a tour in October a Battlebus guide told me the company is being cut back to what amounts to a one-person, more specialized service. The employee felt the change was motivated by the owner's personal preference rather than business concerns.
Nov 9th, 2010, 07:31 AM

Looks like they are becoming French. Quality of life more important than amount in bank account.
Nov 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM
mms

We took a tour with Battlebus just over a year ago and it was excellent. That is too bad, but then like the couple said, they want more time for life. You sure can't fault them for that. I wish them the best and would use them or any of their guides again.
Nov 9th, 2010, 02:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to taking a Battlebus tour in the future, as I had heard so many good things about their tours.