Bastille Day Celebrations in Luberon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of any Bastille Day celebrations that are happening in the Luberon region of Provence? We are staying in a house near Goult and Rousillon during the second week of July, and were wondering what kind of activities were happening in the area on July 14. I think the bigger towns like Avignon and Aix have fireworks and activities scheduled, but we were hoping to celebrate on a smaller scale in one of the smaller towns/villages.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 10:07 PM

topping
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 01:43 AM

You'll find that most every village will have some sort of celebration for Bastille Day. I searched briefly on provenceguide.com and saw a Bal listed for Roussillon. I know for sure that in our village (St. Saturnin) there is a great all day antique fair and then a celebration at night. Your best bet is to pick up a copy of La Provence on the 13th and 14th and they will have plenty of things listed. You are right to want to stay away from the larger towns, IMO.

As an aside, if you are around a bit earlier, Cavaillon is having it's Melon Festival from the 9th to the 11th which is good fun.

-Kevin
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 09:04 AM

I am also going be in a house in Goult during that period and know they have a fete on the evening of the 13th---dinner, music, etc. Our "landlord" made the reservations for us, has been there at that time and says it's great fun. You may want to check it out.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your suggestions!
Kevin -- I'll be sure to pick up La Provence and further explore the provenceguide.com site for ideas (though we get in on the 10th, perhaps we'll be able to check out the melon festival the next day...Cavaillon melons are so delicious!).
Kathryn -- thank you for letting me know about the Goult fete. I'll contact my "landlord" as well to ask about reservations. We are just outside of the town, so this would be ideal for us.