I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Browsing Barcelona
- 4 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 8 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 12 Croatia in mid/late October
- 13 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 16 Help with Venice Trip?
- 17 Dubrovnik
- 18 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help