I am an Irish Erasmus student staying in France.
I just travelled from France to Switzerland for a weekend trip, and only realized this morning that I had forgotten my passport back in my apartment in France. I was not checked entering Switzerland. Luckily, I found a scanned copy of my passport on my computer and hope to present it at customs in Basel Train Station via my Android Phone. Will this suffice? I also have my Irish bankcard and the punched train tickets from entering Switzerland, etc, to confirm my identity.
Basel is my interconnecting city from Zurich this morning, so I will only have 40 minutes to make my connection. I am truly terrified. On one hand they, could wave me through once I explain, or they could detain me and fine/arrest(?) me. If anyone has some practical advice for me, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced a similar instance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 2 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 3 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 9 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Easter Week in Italy
- 17 Moscow Hotels
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 25 Paris November 2017