Our trip is fast approaching and I don't have a good handle on how to handle our three days in the Cotswolds, sigh.
We'll be in Bath 11,12,13 September; depart Bath for Burford on 14 September and stay there 3 nights (14, 15, 16). We will have a car and hopefully a functioning GPS! We're staying at the Lamb Inn.
I bought "The Rough Guide to the Cotswolds" and did lots of searching the forums and maps.
Must see's: Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Camden, a castle/stately home (or two or three!), husband is really interested in the Rollwright Stones
So ~very tentatively~ we're thinking the following: (I like to put a lot of things in the itinerary ~knowing~ that we will not see them all, It's OCD but I've come to accept that about myself, lol).
Bath to Burford: Castle Combe, Tetbury, Cirencester, Bibury (night #1 in Burford)
Burford back to Burford: Bourton-on-the-Water, Upper and Lower Slaughter, Stow-on-the Wold, Moreton-in-Marsh, Sezincote House, Rollright Stones (night #2 in Burford)
Burford back to Burford: Chipping Camden, Hidcote Manor, Broadway (and Tower), Snowshill Manor, Winchcombe, Sudely Castle (night #3 in Burford)--
If you've been to all three of these castles/homes, Hidcote, Snowshill, Sudely, which was your favorite?--I know we can't see them all (we do plan on seeing Sezincote).
Burford to Heathrow (return car, spend night at a hotel, flight is 18/09 in the morning): Minster Lowell, Blenheim Palace, Oxford (night at LHR hotel).
Husband's 55th birthday is while we're in the Cotswolds. Appreciate any suggestions for a great dining experience to celebrate.
Thank you for your thoughts. NOLA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800~570:1233 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Sup0rt sooj.
- 2 Geeks AOL [email protected] Password Recovery CONTACT 1:800:570:1233 AOL Tec*h??
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Current plan for March trip
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 Spain in 2018
- 10 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 17 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 18 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 22 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 23 beware of robbed in Milan
- 24 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 25 Which Area in London?