I have most of my Ireland Itinerary nailed down. First two nights in Dublin. Taking the bus from the airport. We plan to pick up our car (not sure who we are renting from yet) Monday late morning. Still undecided if we should pick up the car back at the airport or from one of the City Centre Locations.
Then on to the Boyne Valley. I figure since we don't plan on rushing around we will save Newgrange for first thing Tuesday morning.
Spend Monday after the car pick up doing Trim Castle, Hill of Tara and whatever other sites we can fit in.
So the idea is to stay somewhere in the area Monday night so we can visit Newgrange first thing (spending enough time to see Knowth) before driving West to the Sligo area.
Any thoughts on what Town or even what B&B or Hotel for Monday night? I have seen mention of Trim, Slane, Navan and Droghega as possible places to stay. It will be a Monday night - but we would like to be able to go out for a pint or two after eating that night. Nothing too crazy, but we don't want a total ghost town. We would prefer if the area wasn't too industrial. I don't know if these two things are completely at odds.
Thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 3 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 4 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Getting around Lisbon
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Which Area in London?
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017