I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset Contact 1:844:853:3131 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24by7
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 Which Aran Island??
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 7 Rent in Rome
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 12 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 13 Rome Hotel
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 17 Moscow Hotels
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 23 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 24 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 25 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train