Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Base in Chianti or North/West Tuscany
Notices

Base in Chianti or North/West Tuscany

Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Base in Chianti or North/West Tuscany

HI. We are looking for a town/village to make our base in either Chianti or North/West Tuscany. There are going to be 5 of us (multi generational). We are planning for later part of June 2013. We will have a car, however, our goal is to be in a town/village that that has a few restaurants and shops. I've looked all over the internet, but I am getting extremely confused. We do want to make a side trip up to Peidmont, where my father is from - so maybe somewhere inbetween Turin and Rome (where we will be flying in to). Any recommendations on apartments would be appreciated too.
Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM

You want to stay in Chianti or NW Tuscany. Then you also want to go to Piemonte(uncrowded,great food,beautiful area!)As I understand your request, you need two places, two locations. Lucca is a great small city in NW Tuscany which would be close to the autostrada north. Chianti is wonderful too but a little farther to travel to the Piemonte.What area of Piemonte is your father from? It's a large area. Please clarify some of your requests so we can better help you.

Search this Thread