I am currently in the early stages of planning a 2+ week trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland for late August/early September. I plan on spending a little time in Dublin and will see a few of the big tourist sites, but the more I think about it, the more I want to just find a small town on the west coast, and settle in for a week of taking it easy. Ideally I would be looking for somewhere I could do some walking along cliffs or shorelines every day. Constraints:
1. I won't have a car, so ideally I would be looking for somewhere where the walking is accessible from the town.
2. I am hardly an invalid, but I would have challenges with sustained steep climbs. One to two hundred metres of elevation gain would be fine, more would quickly become problematic.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PS The coastline seems like the best place for walking, but I am not at this point emotionally committed to the idea, so if there is somewhere non-coastal that you think would work, feel free to suggest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Portugal
- 13 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 Budget campervans hire in Europe???
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017