Barritz---Balenciaga or San Sebastian???

May 17th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Barritz---Balenciaga or San Sebastian???

We are on a cruise ship stopping at Biarritz in France. I would like to see San Sebastian and Balenciaga Museum. Can I see both in one day? If not, which is more interesting?
May 18th, 2018, 10:36 AM

How would you be traveling to either/both of them?

One is a museum, the other a fairly large town. There is no logical comparison.
May 18th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

That is my question---I know they are different venues (city vs. museum) want to know if I can see both in one day...I would hire a private car.
May 18th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

I just realized I can see both since they are not far apart, depending on time constraints...the logical comparison is that they are fairly close by and I would of course make the most of my time that day
May 18th, 2018, 02:15 PM

That they are fairly close by does not constitute a logical comparison in terms of what one is going to see and absorb in a small amount of time.

I spent a week in San Sebastián last year and only began to become familiar with the place. It's easy to understand what you might want to get out of visiting a museum and what you might want to get out of visiting San Sebastián. What's your plan for when you get there? What exactly do you want to concentrate on seeing?
May 20th, 2018, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

After reading about both, I think I would spend a day in San Sebastian. Obviously not much time but can get a feel for parts of the city.
May 21st, 2018, 02:38 PM

If you are driving, be aware of possible delays crossing the border. Two year ago we drove from Biarritz down to San Sebastian with very little delay. However, on our return there was a long delay getting back into France. San Sebastian was amazing!

Search this Thread