Bargain Shopping in Milan

Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Bargain Shopping in Milan

I missed the outlets outside of Florence when I visited Florence a couple of years ago. Now I'm going to Milan and was wondering if there were any places to get top designers at discount prices in or near Milan? I would also appreciate hearing any other shopping tips for Milan (or near Milan)! I love all things Italian, especially the shoes and leather jackets, coats, etc. Thanks!
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:51 PM

Although I've never been to any in Milan you can try this website for some locations:
http://www.made-in-italy.com/shopping/stores/index.htm
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 05:04 AM

Try looking at www.vivimilano.it .
Lot's of information on Milan.
There are two places that I know of in the city.
"Diffusione Tessile" right in the center behind Corso Vittorio Manuele. Just ask a girl in one of the stores along the outdoor mall (a.k.a San Babila) there and she can tell you exactly where it is. It sells last season Max Mara.

Then another is on Via Bronzetti at the corner of Via Archimede called "Salvagente". Sorry I don't civic numbers, but you can always ask your hotel to find out more info for you.
There is an outlet mall in Switzerland about an hour outside of Milan. Otherwise there is another in Serravalle which is on the autostrada in the direction of Genova.
While you're here look for cute underwear at reasonble prices by "Intimissimi". They are everywhere so you'll be bound to run into one. I also like "Zara" which is near "Diffusione Tessile". It has a big selection at decent prices, however the store can be unorganized.
Shopping around the Brera area is also a fun thing to do.
Have fun, Melissa
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:21 AM

A&C - Via Marco D'Agrate 41 - Tel. 02 57401040
Shoes and leather goods.
Ader - V.le Montenero 8
Classical and elegant clothing
Antonella - Via Varese 13
For man and woman.
Blue Shop Stock House - Via Morgantini 28
Basicaly woman's clothing.
Classic Outlet - V.le Coni Zugna 43
A man's clothing stock house.
DIFFUSIONE MODA AFFARI - via Marcona 34
Marco Midali outlet.
Emy Stock - Via Nino Bixio 2
Erreuno, Valentino, Max Mara, Rocco Barocco, Kenzo...
Gastone stock house - Via privata Vanzetti 20
Gruppo Italia Grandi Firme - Via Montegani 7/a
Both man's and women's designer clothing.
HITMAN - via G. Di Vittorio 8
Cerruti
Intimo stock - Via Ozanam
Intimo+mare occasioni firmate - Via Giovanni da Milano 4
Underwear and swinsuits.
Maglificio Newry - Via Novi 49
Wool and cachemire.
Orleans - Via Plinio 1
Shoes.
Spaccio Bruno Magli - Via Manzoni 14
Spaccio Etro - Via Spartaco 3
Spaccio Luciano Soprani - Via Morosini 30
Ugo Rossetti - V.le Marconi 57
Shoes
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your suggestions!
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 08:50 PM

any chance of finding clothing for us plus-size ladies in Milan (American size 20?) also shoes (size 11? european 42)?

I am also looking to bring home some lovely Frette linens for our bed? where do we go for bed linens?

thanks in advance,
Mary-Ellen
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 03:54 AM

Marina Rinaldi is a top designer of plus sizes, and a more affordable line is Elena Miro. Both of these stores are in the San Babila/Vittorio Emanuele area. As for your shoes, let me say that I am an American 12 (I'm tall) and wear a 42 and a half here in Italy. Having said that let me say that most likely you are a 41 which is the highest size that most stores carry. I have only on store in Milan that makes shoes in my size.
Point being is that if you say 41, you'll have shoes brought out. If you say 42, they'll say they have nothing.
Remember to bring your passport with you while shopping to get you tax refund. It's easy to do and will save you some money by the end of your trip.
As for Frette Linens, you can go to Rinacente (sp?) that is the huge department store in front of Duomo, or ask your hotel to find the location of the nearest Frette store. There are a few in Milan.
Ciao,
Melissa
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 08:24 AM

Isn't there a shoes shop for those with "important" feet somewhere in the centera? I remeber waiting for the tram number 1 and seeing the place in front of me. Probably it was somewhere near the Galleria...
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 04:41 PM

thanks so much for responses to my questions. the closer I get to our trip - June 25, the more excited I get.

Mary-Ellen
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Alice-
I've looked all around the city, and the only one with stylish shoes is Alfonso Garlando in Via Madonina. Their prices are expensive, but they have a lot of models and make their own. If you find any other, let me know. I either buy there or wait till I get back to a Nordstrom. Not convient.
Have fun at Bruce!
Melissa