Bargain clothes shopping in Paris?

Jul 15th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Lucy

Bargain clothes shopping in Paris?

I'm heading to France in late September & was hoping to stock up on some nice suits for work & also some lingerie while I'm there.
Are there any good quality factory outlets in Paris that any of you would recommend to someone in their twenties?
Thanks in advance!

Jul 15th, 2001, 08:29 PM
elvira

Mouton a Cinq Pattes: 8, rue St Placide; 19, rue Gregoire du Tours

I don't know for lingerie - there's cheap underwear at Tati, but the good stuff is very expensive. In the department stores they sometimes have bargain tables where you can find odds and ends at a decent price.

Jul 16th, 2001, 01:12 AM
Lucy

Thanks Elvira - I knew I could count on you for a response!!

Jul 16th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Fred

Here are some:
Anna Lowe - haute couture, ready-to-wear outlet store with moderate prices (40-60% down from retail prices).
Address: 104 rue du fbg. St. Honoré, 8th district.
Metro: Champs-Elysées-Clémenceau.

Annexe des Createurs - designer brands such as Versace, Mugler and Moschino at discount prices up to 70% off.
Address: 19 rue Godot de Mauroy, 9th district.
Metro: Madeleine

Haut de Gamme Stock - Top designers at discount prices including Armani, Versace, Louis Féraud.
Address: 9 rue Scribe, 9th district.
Metro: Opéra.

Miss "Griffes" - Haute couture, ready-to-wear, end of season clothing, designers such as Chanel, Armani, Ungaro, Valentino, up to 1/2 price off regular.
Address: rue de Penthiè, 8th district.
Metro: Miromesnil.
For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]

Aug 1st, 2001, 11:31 AM
Larisa

Fred, what a great source of info on my favorite subject you are.
Any suggestions for Zurich or other cities in Swizerland

Aug 1st, 2001, 11:40 AM
RJD

Bought a lot of cheap but stylish ties at a little stand in front of Samaritane, Quai de Louvre je pense.

Aug 1st, 2001, 12:11 PM
Fred

Larissa-
Bobbi told me I should mention H & M for the youg woman - fun store, inexpensive, stylish – on Blvd Haussmann between Printemps and Galeries Lafayette

Aug 1st, 2001, 12:22 PM
Lori

There is a kiosk outside of Galleries Lafayette that sells beautiful silk scarves for 100FF. OK they're not Hermes, but the colors and the patterns are nice. I get one every time for me, and bring them home as gifts. A silk scarf from Paris, can't beat that.

Oct 28th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Surlok

Lucy,

For young style outfit, I like Zara, there are many Zaras in Paris, I recall one at Av. des Champs Elysees. It's a Spanyard brand, if I'm not wrong. My daughters bought Zara's clothes, both of my daughters, who have different bodies, in both countries, France and Spain. The design is modern, young, the clothes fit both of them well ( well taillored jackets) and the prices are quite affordable.

Lingerie? Etam, all over Paris, but mostly cotton made, to wear daily, rather than the silk and lace stuff..

Regards,

S

Oct 28th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Ursula

There is another Zara's on Rue de Rennes, 6th (close to Montparnasse and FNAC) where the Tati store used to be.

Oct 28th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Leslie

For suits, there are some resale shops that offer expensive designer clothes and accessories that are usually gently worn. Sometimes you can find something that has never been used. One of the best is Depot Vente du 17e at 109 rue de Courcelles. Another top choice is Didier Ludot. They are represented on the second floor of Printemps and carry a lot of sensational vintage things. A popular spot on rue de la Pompe in the 16e was a big disappointment when I stopped there a couple of weeks ago. Everything was shabby, shopworn and smelly. (But there is the BEST pet shop next door, and just looking at the puppies made it worth the trip.)

Nov 1st, 2001, 01:03 PM
BTilke

Zara's, the Spanish chain, is good as others have said. Also look for Alain Manoukian, a European/Armenian designer with some nice fresh clothes.

Nov 1st, 2001, 01:44 PM
Ines de Castro

Zara is a nice clothing store, but it is no different than J Crew or Gap. It is no less expensive either. I think Lucy is looking for bargain shopping. Zara is not it. The best bargains can be found if you wait until the January sales. Then you can go to even ritzy places on Place Vendome and find things at drastic savings.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:18 AM
LA

I Love Zara! Try Mango they have really nice things. I believe That Zara and Mango are right next door when getting off at Metro stop L'Opera?