Notices

bareboot sialing from dubrovnik

Jan 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM
Original Poster

bareboot sialing from dubrovnik

Has anyone had any experience sailing on bare boat charters near Dubrovnik?
My wife and I are sailing for 2 weeks from late July 2009. Any suggested destinations or places of interest would be greatly appreciated.
Jan 1st, 2010, 10:39 AM

I don't have any information to help you with, but you might want to post again and spell your title more carefully. I was really wondering what bareboot sialing was - maybe some new kind of hiking?
Jan 1st, 2010, 12:27 PM

We sailed in May with Seafarer around the Ionian and there are many bareboat operators in the Dubrovnik area. Many are UK based. Sunsail are the easy choice but have a varied reputation for the quality of their boats/customer service.

I would try Seafarer as they offer charters in this area and have great customer service.

We have both bareboated and used flotillas. We would suggest flotillas in July. These areas are absolutely heaving with boats at this time of summer. At times you will have to simply wait outside harbours for hours/days? for a decent mooring. Using a flotilla gives you access to moorings and local knowledge for a small premium.

Believe me, I have visited the Carribean in so called high season and it is nothing like the performance experienced on any given July/August evening in the Med. "Bun fights" are not uncommon.

We have visited the Dubrovnik area for a land based holiday. The area is stunning with Venetian architecture, friendly people and good food. One downside is the cost of mooring, In Greece it is written in stone that any passing boat can use public harbour walls for free. As a result we paid nothing during two weeks in the Ionian and received very warm welcomes from all the local towns. I believe the charge per night for a 40 foot yacht is around 30 euros a night in July, thus adding 400 euros to a two week break.

Please let me know if you would like any further information

ps do not worry about the typo on the OP. Anyone who goes to sea knows that the overall result is far more important that an attention to detail.
Jan 5th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much. We are interested in getting more information thanks for the offer. Will be in touch.

Search this Thread