Barcelone to Rome & Monte Carlo

Mar 14th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Barcelone to Rome & Monte Carlo

I'm staying in Barcelona. Is the train the best way to travel to each of these locations? I was planning on spending two long weekends in each City. Suggestions please. Is the train comfortable to sleep on?
Mar 14th, 2007, 05:16 PM

It's ok for Montecarlo although very long. Rome is much better and cheaper flying.
Mar 14th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Hi:
I would recommend taking the train from Barcelona to Monaco (over 8 hours) When you do your search for train schedules you need to do BCN to Nice and then Nice to Monaco (30 mins). An overnight in Nice would be cheaper but as of right now only train leaving for Rome from Monaco leaves very early in the morning so you need to be in Monaco in the morning to get to Rome that day (search Monaco to Milan and Milan to Rome on the train schedules) Each leg is over 4 hours so it will take you another 8 hours to get to Rome from Monaco by train. First class seats will be expensive but very comfortable to sleep but why would you want to? At least the first leg is mostly beautiful coast views of the French Riviera. From Nice to Milan you will also catch a glimpse of the Italian mediterranean coast line. Happy travels!
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:32 AM

Hi PK - For Barcelona-Rome flights check out Vueling:

http://www.vueling.com/IT/index.php?mode=

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:48 AM

Have a look on Ride Shares on www.loquo.com. or www.craigslist.com . If you´re lucky you might be able to share a car with someone driving and split the costs!