We will be in Spain in mid June. Family of 4, with 2 kids 12 and 10. Looking for a semi-luxury/ upscale hotel in city centre area.
Finding a hotel which will fit us all in one room is a tough proposition. I don't understand why BCN hotels don't allow this even with a 40 sq.m. suite with a king bed and an additional bed, especially if we have no issues fitting in. Breakfast we would pay extra or skip.
Anyway - options available are 2 connected rooms in Claris vs an apartment in the Majestic annex. These are going to run us about 1500 euros for 4 days, which is more than we would like to pay.
We would prefer a hotel to an apartment. I have seen good reports on the Claris.. what about the Majestic apartment, does anyone have any experience? Any other hotel we could look into, in the 200-250 euros/nt level?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 3 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 4 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 5 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 6 10 Days in Austria
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon
Barcelona upscale hotel for family of 4 - Claris vs Majestic Residence