Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Barcelona, Spain Accommodation...Recommend for a Good Rental Site (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/barcelona-spain-accommodation-recommend-for-a-good-rental-site-996114/)

ctoner Oct 25th, 2013 07:38 PM

Barcelona, Spain Accommodation...Recommend for a Good Rental Site

Hi there...Thanking you all in advance for always going out of your way to give amazing advice. Really appreciate it! We are 3 couples (55+) staying in Barcelona for 5 days starting Aug 31 till Sept 5th. We ideally would like 3 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms, although 3 would be ideal. We would love to stay in Old Town, if possible and be somewhat close to Las Ramblas in the Gothic Quarter. If any of you have some recommendations, we'd be ever so grateful. The task of looking is making me cross-eyed! Don't want to break the bank, but would like a lovely place at the same time.
Thanks again,
Cathy

Seamus Oct 25th, 2013 08:20 PM

I recently used www.apartmetnsbcn.com and was very pleased with the apartment as well as the process.

Have you visited Barcelona previously? Keep in mind that being close to Las Ramblas may mean noise, and in Barri Gòti it may be difficult to find a place large enough for your group. We stayed in Eixample and loved it. Gracia would also be a good place to look. Barcelona is not all that big and the metro is good, and taxis plentiful an reasonably priced.

Tripletdad Oct 26th, 2013 08:23 AM

We've heard a lot of good things on tripadvisor and slowtrav about Bcngotic.com and have reserved with them for next June.

Christina Oct 26th, 2013 08:35 AM

I think it isn't very likely to find an apt with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, there won't be many. That isn't even common in any US city (unless you are a megamillion), let alone for vacation rental apartments. So your choices will be limited, especially given it sounds like you want 3 BRs that all have double beds, not twins (which is more common for at least one of them). You should be able to find one with 2 bathrooms. If you come in August, I presume you are going to want AC, also, although you don't mention it, but I wouldn't do otherwise.

But Barcelona apt rental rates are rather reasonable compared to some other cities, in my experience, so that is good. And there are modern areas which is what you'll need to find all that, and I've seen a lot more spacious apts n Barcelona than other cities.

I've used www.habitatapartments.com. I have never rented one like you want, but they have a good search tool, so you can easily find what suits you. They only have one with 3 bathrooms, and one bedroom of that one only has twin beds. Otherwise, it looks good and has a terrace, also, and is near a metro stop in the Eixemple area. http://www.habitatapartments.com/en/...iew/tetuan.htm

I don't think it shows all the bathrooms, I suspect any place with 3 bathrooms, at least one won't be a fullbathroom, and one of those is only a toilet plus sink.

ctoner Oct 27th, 2013 05:30 PM

Thank you Seamus, tripledad and Christina. Your info is much appreciated and I will look into those sites, for sure! I have had a peek at the habitat site, but will look into the neighbourhoods you mention. Thanks again!

Alan_CT Nov 2nd, 2013 06:39 AM

We stayed in this apartment as a family of five adults:

www.bit.ly/1cyqXjo

Two bathrooms, not three, but each has a shower and toilet. Nice area, very clean apartment and building.

fourfortravel Nov 2nd, 2013 08:04 AM

Our first experience with http://Oh-Barcelona.com last month was very good. We rented an apartment in Eixample that was convenient to the Sagrada Familia TMB station; the apartment was as described, and the owner was pleasant and helpful.

ribeirasacra Nov 2nd, 2013 10:48 AM

A renter should be aware that renting a property in Catalonia (Barcelona too) has now got to be registered with the authorities.

This is about how the owner can apply for the licence.

http://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalb...s-in-catalonia

This may not affect you but if the owner has got a licence then you should see the following details in the rental.

a) The property must be adequately furnished and equipped with functional appliances and utensils for immediate occupancy

b) contact numbers must be left in the property for the renter, to reach both the owner or a representative, and local emergency services: police, hospital (ambulance) and the town hall

c)The property should undergo regular maintenance and kept up-to-date.

d)An Official Complaint Form should be made available to the renter

9) The property must never be occupied by more people than the maximum stated in the occupancy certificate

The property cannot be let until a licence number has been issued. Do not accept that one is begin applied for as this breaks the law.
When renting ask to see a copy of the licence.

ctoner Nov 2nd, 2013 10:03 PM

Thanks Alan_CT, fourfortravel and ribeirasacra, your input is very helpful. I'm looking at the places you all mention..Alan, how many blocks to the Ramblas?

ctoner Nov 2nd, 2013 10:04 PM

Thanks as well, fourfortravel for that other site....Im beginning to get crosseyed:)

opaldog Nov 3rd, 2013 04:15 AM

I've used habitatapartments.com with great success. They have apartments of all sizes.

BigRuss Nov 7th, 2013 02:28 PM

www.barcelonastuff.com = apartment we had was in a building with about 5-7 others they owned and rented short term. Three (quiet) blocks from La Rambla, same from Placa Catalunya. No cash deposit necessary (try changing 400E on your last day in the Eurozone without getting screwed).

ctoner Nov 24th, 2013 03:55 PM

I want to thank all of you for your help on this piece of the trip! We did go through habitatapartments.com Great advise from all of you! You folks are the best! We still have a big piece of this trip to plan, but flight, villa rentals (so far) are in place. Still stuff to plan, but thanks again! :)