Rhodes and then where in Greece?

Old May 25th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhodes and then where in Greece?

Hello all! I would love some help as we are planning our August Greek vacation. My boyfriend and I (30-somethings that live in an urban area and enjoy beaches and nightlife) are going to Rhodes for 1 week and with several other couples in mid-August. We have 4 nights after Rhodes before returning to the U.S. that we do not know where to go. We were initially thinking Santorini, but after reading up on it, I'm starting to second guess as it sounds like there is not much to do. Any suggestions, tips, insights would be really appreciated. Thank you!
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:43 PM
WWK

There's plenty to do in Santorini for four days, but you could also consider Crete or a quick trip to Turkey. However, keep in mind that you really need to be back in Athens the night before your departure home in case of any unanticipated delays returning from the islands.
Old May 25th, 2015, 08:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at Nadplion on rne Peloponesean Peninsula fwo plus hours deive from Athens.
Old May 26th, 2015, 02:00 PM

I would like to make a couple of suggestions for your time on Rhodes. First, take a daytrip via easy ferry ride to the delightful island of Symi. It has a lovely colorful little village and lots of hiking options. Take your swimsuit as there is a beach and adjacent restaurant. Another must IMHO, is a daytrip to the town of Lindos. Lovely! Hike up to the ruins for a magnificent view. Have lunch and (again with your swimsuits) head to the gorgeous bay south of the town for an afternoon of swimming.
Old May 28th, 2015, 06:58 PM

The obvious answer is Kos, the island is of sufficient size and things to see, several daily ferries from Rhodes and of course daily ferries and flights back to Piraeus/Athens.
Old May 30th, 2015, 02:01 AM

I think if it has to be an island, it is wise to chose a place with convenient and not too long ferry connections from Rhodes and flights to Athens or wherever you may return to US from. I am not extremely familiar with Dodecanese islands, I have been only on Kos and Rhodes up to now, but I agree with Retsina, Kos fits the bill on a logistics point of view and there is plenty to keep you busy for 4 days.

Nafplion on mainland is a very good idea too as per Happy Trvlr's post. A scenic sea side town with a surrounding area full of coves, beaches, arheological sites, quaint villages and so on...

Will you use explore Athens before Rhodes or you do not consider a stay there at all?