Barcelona, Palau Musica Catalana seating

Mar 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Barcelona, Palau Musica Catalana seating

While we are in Barcelona there is a flamenco opera concert at the Palau Musica Catalana. If you have attended a concert there, are the most expensive seats in the pit area that much better than the ones on the 1st floor?

Besides the music, we want to be able to have a good view of the beautiful building and I'm not sure what sections will be best for that---other than not selecting the seats that state---no view!!

The 1st floor seats are about 25% less expensive than those in the pit area. I'm just wondering if the view from the 1st floor seats is 25% less

Thanks for any information, Deborah
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:28 AM

I would go for the first floor. I went to a solo guitarist concert there in November - we were sitting nearly at the back and it was so beautiful, listening to the amazing guitar and looking around the theatre at the same time. However the stage was quite far and for your show it might be better to be a bit closer, you can still see the beautiful theatre - the best of both worlds
Mar 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

cape, thank you, 1st floor seating does look good for this concert. I think the program is a flamenc music concert and not flamenco dancing, sadly, but either way certainly a treat for us. I was concerned that some of the seats appear to have an overhand above them which would seem to limit seeing the entire concert hall. I appreciate your comments. Deborah

Search this Thread