We are planning to spend 2 weeks in either Barcelona or Seville over the Christmas and New Year's break this year. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, a 21 year-old, a 17 year-old and a 7 year-old. We like museums, cultural sights, historical sights, good food, etc. Given the time of year (holidays- we'd like to be settled in our accommodations for the holidays) and the expense of traveling with 5 people, we don't want to travel between the two cities. We would rent an apartment/house and do day trips from whichever city. We would consider short, overnight trips away to see Granada (Seville) or towns in Southern France (Barcelona).
Is there a compelling reason(s) we should choose one over the other? It seems the weather might be warmer in Seville and I've always wanted to see the Al Hambra, but it is more difficult for us to get to Seville (longer travel times from the West Coast of the US). Some friends have suggested that their might be more to do in Barcelona for that length time, but I wanted to check with the seasoned travelers here. Would the holidays be more fun in one place over the other? Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am truly torn between the two!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT