Barcelona- Must Do's

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona- Must Do's

I am going to Barcelona this week with a friend in college during spring break and I would love to hear from other fodorites about the things to do in Barcelona. I will be there for only 6 days and want to see as much as possible.

Thanks.. AC
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM

In my opinion, you will have time not only to see Barcelona, but you can do also 2 day trips, for instance one to Montserrat and another to Girona- Figueres.

You can look in Fodors - Destinations or Frommers - destination and get a lot of info about what to visit. Also, any travel book will give you a lot of ideas.

I suppose that you selected Barcelona - and 6 days there, only after you knew (even not in details) what to visit there.

Have a nice vacation!
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 08:45 AM

loved barcelona, and you'll know why...

must:

cal pep for tapas.

vineria del calle for tapas.
-and across the very, very small street, is salteria for a glass of wine before vineria del calle.

cal majo-for lunch by the water.

;-)
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM

You'll get lots of advice, but I'll share two of my favorites: Parc Guell and Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya. The former was designed by Gaudi and the latter contains an outstanding collection of medieval Catalan religious art that is especially well displayed. For more information on them, check the Web or a guide book.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 09:23 AM
hax

I agree--Cal Pep is a must do! Get there early (1:30 for lunch or 8:30 or dinner) because long lines form.

Anything Gaudi-- La Pedrera, Park Guell, Sagrada Famiglia, etc. We did the Gaudi "museum" on the top floor of La Pedrera our first day, and it really helped us interpet when we saw his other works.

Take the Bus Turistic--Open air, on-off bus that takes you to all the sites. There are two lines, take one one day and the other the second day.

The Passeig Gracia (main boulevard) in the Eixample--beautiful street, lots of shops and restaurants

The old quarter, El Born district (hip area) and the waterfront

The food market on Las Ramblas ( we found the street itself very touristy and overrated, but the market is fun).

The Picasso and the Miro Museums. Both really cool. We also went to the Dali museum in town--it wasn't very good--but if you like Dali you can take a day trip to Figueres (we didn't) where the museum is supposed to be great.

Have fun!