My husband and I (60, fit but not groovy) will be spending 4 nights in Barcelona in mid-September. We love to explore cities on foot and will do as much walking as possible. We like lively areas--restaurants, bars, people out and about--but want to avoid the most extreme touristic crowds, noise, partying.
I am looking for a well-located hotel (central) that will facilitate this walking plan, but I do not want to be in the most crowded tourist part/s of the city as a base, if possible.
I have looked at the Murmuri on Rambla de Catalunya, but I'm wondering if it's a bit far north--it's almost to the Diagonal. (It's considered the "Eixample.) And I've looked at The Jazz near Placa de Catalunya--but wondering if that is surrounded by car traffic and almost "too" near the Placa.
I have a really open budget. Probably can't go the 400-plus for the fanciest boutique hotels in El Born, but I feel I can go into the 300's if need be. (And do I want to be anywhere as a base in Barri Gotic or El Born?)
I'm very confused--please help if you can. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Budget trip
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Driving
- 7 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 Algarve Town Selection
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 paris to london- day trip
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Portugal
- 22 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017