Notices

Barcelona attraction tickets

Oct 25th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Barcelona attraction tickets

Have a week in Barcelona next month (Nov) and would like to wait until I arrive to purchase tickets (making sure I have good weather days for certain sites). I know it's best to buy for future days but where would be the best place to do this? Does the tourist office at Placa de Catalunya offer this service? Thanks, JV
Oct 25th, 2014, 07:03 AM

I doubt that you can buy tickets at the TI. I took a walking tour given by the TI and the guide advised the group to buy Sagrada Familia tickets from a Caixa location with a ticket machine. She didn't mention anything other than SF tickets. I can't tell you where these Caixa locations are as we already had our tickets. I'm sure if the TI sold tickets the guide would have mentioned buying them from the TI rather than from Caixa.

I do know that the Caixa Forum does not sell tickets for anything other than the Caixa Forum as I asked at that location.

I guess if you have a way to print tickets or a mobile device you can book the day before and send an eticket to your cell phone or ipad. If you do this you'll need to get set up with Verified by Visa before leaving home or have a way to call Visa to verify who you are and for them to recognize your device.
Oct 25th, 2014, 10:46 AM

I don't think tourist offices usually sell tickets to attractions, especially if they are privately owned. They mainly give out info, sell maps, etc. Sometimes they may book day tours on local companies, but not always. Sometimes they won't do anything for private enterprises.

There are Caixa terminals all over the city (they are really called ServiCaixa), but I believe you need a CC with a chip to use them. They will have a ServiCaixa logo on them. Caixa is a bank. Not sure, I didn't try (about the CC). I'll admit most of the tourist attractions I can think of in Barcelona where you might worry about getting tickets in advance aren't outside anyway (like Sagrada Familia or Casa Battlo or other Gaudi buildings).

FNAC has a ticket service and they have a store right at5 placa Catalunya (in the Triangle shopping center). I suspect Corte Ingles does also and it's right there, as well, across the plaza. I don't know that they sell those type of tickets though. I'm not sure who, if anyone, sells tickets to Sagrada Familia other than themselves. Maybe others know.

You can buy tickets to Casa Battlo right online, they send you an eticket, I believe. Where exactly do you want to buy tickets in advance?

Search this Thread