Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Barcelona apartment or hotel suggestions (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/barcelona-apartment-or-hotel-suggestions-880546/)

seafox Mar 5th, 2011 04:14 AM

Barcelona apartment or hotel suggestions

October
4 adults
3 nights
First time in Barcelona
$300 or so a night for all 4 of us

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. There seems to be so many choices, neighborhoods etc. that I'm not sure where to start.

indianapearl Mar 5th, 2011 04:45 AM

We have stayed in Citidine's several times: citadines.com/spain/barcelona/ramblas.html

It's an apartment/hotel with a tiny kitchen, although we never cooked there. It's about half-way down Las Ramblas.

seafox Mar 5th, 2011 08:35 AM

thanks for the tip

ekscrunchy Mar 5th, 2011 08:48 AM

I am in an apartment in Barcelona right now. I recommend the 2-bedroom/2-bath apartment, and the agency, very highly. It is well under your price limit and the location is about as central as is possible. They have several flats in the same building:

http://www.destinationbcn.com/ghost.htm

seafox Mar 5th, 2011 04:27 PM

ekscrunchy - I was looking at this one earlier today and thought it might be perfect - thanks for the info. I will run it by my friends and then make the contact to book. Any additional insight would be great. Looks like one bathroom is en suite, is the other as well?

Again Thank You!

ekscrunchy Mar 5th, 2011 09:30 PM

Two en suite bathrooms; a first rate modern kitchen almost as well equipped as mine at home. (Well, maybe not that well-equipped but really well supplied, down to the blender and juice maker). Beautiful linens on the beds; large supply of towels for bath and kitchen. Tv with about a thousand channels. Great selection of guide books, DVRs, books about the city and about Spain. It is nicer than many of my friends apartments back home. There is also an apartment in the building with a large terrace, Cadaques. The street is bustling and commercial, so not charming, but the location is central and superb.

I am more than happy to answer any further questions, so please ask! The people who run it are terrific and more than happy to book restaurants, taxis, and give advice about the city. We liked them so much that we invited each one to dinner, at different times.

seafox Mar 6th, 2011 12:14 PM

Thanks, I just sent a request for the apartment. I mentioned your recommendation.

just27 Mar 6th, 2011 12:53 PM

We used habitat last year to book an apartment in the Barri Gotic and there were no surprises: www.habitatapartments.com

Nothing quite like instant immersion. The first morning, we sat on the balcony and watched the morning people (locals and tourists, both) from above, as sipped our coffee.

seafox Mar 8th, 2011 06:09 AM

Hey ekscrunchy - I did send an e-mail to the owners a couple of days ago via the site, but have not heard back. Should I contact some other way?

ekscrunchy Mar 8th, 2011 06:51 AM

I am very surprised by that since I have been in contact with them since my return.

I would advise sending another message to Anne at the address below; please tell her that I recommended you!

Copy it to: [email protected].

[email protected]

seafox Mar 9th, 2011 02:32 AM

Thanks ekscrunchy! I just sent Anne an e-mail

ekscrunchy Mar 9th, 2011 02:41 AM

Good! Let me know what happens. I joked with my friend that I will be spoiled forever after having rented from them.

The_Marques Mar 9th, 2011 11:22 AM

Thank you so much for your input!

just27, which apartment did you stay in? We would love to stay in a place with a balcony.

I LOVE the idea of staying in an apartment and being submerged into the lifestyle of Barcelona. We also love to cook so shopping at La Boquiera and cooking at the apartment would be fun!

Thank you again!

The_Marques Mar 9th, 2011 11:26 AM

Please ignore my response, I thought I had posted on my discussion.

Sorry!

just27 Mar 9th, 2011 09:25 PM

@Marques - the apartment we stayed in was Habitat's Banys:
http://www.habitatapartments.com/en/...view/banys.htm

It slept 2 couples very nicely, and we didn't need the third sleeping area which was more like a bunk-bed loft. Great location, and felt very safe.

seafox Oct 13th, 2011 12:03 PM

Ekscrunchy - we made it to Barcelona and the Ghost apartment is perfect! Thank you for the advice. For anyone else, looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath (en suite) apartment in BCN, the apartment Ghost is a refreshing respite to the hustle and bustle of this truly wonderful city. The owners have borrowed Phillipe Stark's all white approach (of fame at the Hotel Delano in South Beach). The all white look instantly relaxes and cools the body and soul!

ekscrunchy Oct 14th, 2011 02:32 AM

Seafox: I am thrilled for you! You cannot imagine how many times I've thought of that apartment and wished that I was back there. In fact I wish I were back there right now! But you are there instead, so enjoy!!