Reload this Page >

Barcelona-Andalucia drive

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 12:21 PM
spanishlady

Is this a pleasant drive if you take two days? Or is it a waste of valuable time so you should fly? Where would a nice half-way point be to stop for an overnite? Thanks.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Jose

Distance between Barcelona and Andalucía is about 1000 Km, everyone of them by highway, so you will drive fast. <BR> <BR>Madrid is in the center of the country (about 600 Km from Barcelona), so you can spend the night there, or any other city near Madrid. I propose Alcalá de Henares, or Guadalajara. <BR> <BR> <BR>The final decission about drive or fly depends on you, and the time you are going to stay in Spain. <BR>

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 04:03 PM
russ i

We drove from Bacelona to Granada, stopping for the night near Valencia. The total drive was about 7.5 hours. We stayed at the modern Parador just south of Valencia and had dinner in a nearby town where (according to the Rough Guide) paella was born. Far too much food for a human to consume, but excellent all the same.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:23 AM
spanishlady

Russ..was the drive pleasant-would you do it again or would you fly? I have 2 weeks total-one week in Barcelona area and one in Andalucia area. Jose..I never even thought about driving from Barcelona to Madrid and then down-a really good idea. Then perhaps we could spend a couple days in that area before heading south. Any more thoughts? Thanks for the input.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Rosenatti

Argh... only two weeks? Definitely fly between Andalucia-Barcelona. The last time I was in Spain I had a little over two weeks for Madrid and Andalaucia alone and barely scratched the surface. Spent most of my time rushing from place to place, trying to pack too much into too little time. Fly, fly!

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 09:02 AM
John

A couple of years ago we drove from Seville to Barcelona with an overnight in Toledo. The drive from Toledo to Barcelona was a bit boring but tolerable. Toledo is worth the detour.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 12:59 AM
Jose

If you decide spend 2 nights at Madrid area, you will find lots of things to do those days. As I am from Valencia, I can tell you that Madrid area is most interesting if you desire see History and Art of Spain. Both roads, through Valencia or Madrid are good, in fact, highways. <BR> <BR>Anyway, sure you will enjoy, whatever you chose.